The Knas Ekdahl Moisturizer is a seriously unique piece of gear.
It's a spring reverb where the springs are exposed, allowing you to physically grab, play and interfere with the springs). The Moisturizer also has a a wild analog filter and onboard analog LFO.
So in all, the Moisturizer:
- is an excellent spring reverb
- can produce strange metallic fx sounds with the exposed springs
- can be used as a standalone multimode analog filter
- is capable of all sorts of weird and unique effects
We took Clap samples from our collection of both vintage and modern drum machines and ran them through the Moisturizer at various reverb settings, as well as manipulating the physical springs.
The result is a hugely versatile clap instrument for Ableton Live - that gets everything from tight and snappy, cracking / slapping claps, right through to thunder-clapping / door-slamming thumps of doom.
This download includes
- 120 samples:
- 52 claps from classic and modern drum machines
- 52 Moisturized versions of those claps (run through the Ekdahl)
- 16 samples of the exposed springs
- 1 Instrument rack
- contains all the samples, easily dialled via sample-selector knobs
- 34 custom parameters for subtle-to-extreme clap tweaking
The samples were captured with the reverb level at 100%, which means you can easily adjust your own wet / dry levels in the instrument rack.
The reverb length on the Moisturizer is not adjustable - as this would require changing the size of the springs altogether - so we've added 5 methods of modifying the clap and reverb lengths.
All samples were lightly driven to taste through the Moisturizer's analog preamp for a slightly lo-fi sound that complemented the dirtiness of it's spring reverb. The Moisturizer's in-built analog High Pass Filter was also lightly engaged (with zero resonance) to make it more clap-friendly.
The Instrument Rack
The samples are all loaded into a ready-to-use Instrument Rack with macro controls.
Drop it onto any track or drum rack to add these claps to your beats!